Posting Date: Wednesday 3rd October 2018
Closing Date: Friday 12th October 2018
Interviews: w/c 15th October
Salary: MPR / UPR + TLR2 (£4,442)
Contract Type: Part time/job share considered
Deputy Head of Science
MPR / UPR + TLR2 (£4,442)
Start Date: Required from January 2019, part time/job share considered.
You will play a key role in leading, with the Head of Department, one of the biggest teams in a large school. The Science Department has a high profile and a reputation for innovation and driving standards within the school and wider trust. As a school we value our teachers and work hard to lower workload whilst simultaneously increasing impact; we have a centralised detention system run by the Senior Leadership Team, and we have a new marking and feedback policy that focuses on Whole Class Feedback and not individual written feedback. This role represents an exciting chance for career progression with a wide range of opportunities available.
We will offer you:
- an ethos of innovation and experimentation. Education research is at the fore
- a successful and happy team culture where teachers are free to focus on teaching and learning
- the opportunity to teach A Level in your specialist subject
- a wide range of CPD opportunities within school, and beyond through our partnership of 22 schools and associated Research School; for example, the trust’s Leadership Development Programme, and the SSAT Lead Practitioner accreditation programme
- the chance to be part of an extended team of over 60 like-minded science teachers from across Unity Partnership
- excellent facilities: Our brand-new, £10million building is due to be completed in April 2019.
We are part of the Unity Schools Partnership with primaries, secondaries and a free school and have a strong history of effective staff development and training. Roll: 1,300 (including sixth form).
Application packs are available from Marian Merch-Chammon on (01440) 760333. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.samuelward.co.uk
Closing date: 12 October 2018.
Interviews: w/c 15 October 2018.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Unity Schools Partnership – welcoming diversity.