Start Date: Monday 30th April 2018
Closing Date: Wednesday 16th May 2018
Interviews: 21 May 2018
Salary: MPR / UPR
Contract Type: Full time (part-time/job-share considered)
Start date: September 2018
Salary: MPR / UPR
Location: Samuel Ward Academy, Haverhill
Contract type: Full time (part-time/job-share considered)
Contract term: Permanent
We would be delighted to welcome your application to our great school. We value subject knowledge, ability to communicate with students and high expectations. We work hard to lower workload whilst simultaneously increasing impact. You will teach how you want to teach, all we ask is that you have chosen your methods deliberately and seek to become an expert at them.
We will offer you:
- A supportive culture where teachers are free to focus on teaching and learning
- A strong focus on student behaviour with a centralised detention system run by SLT
- A wide range of CPD opportunities within school, our Teaching School and through our Trust of 22 schools and associated Research School.
- Opportunities for career progression (including the opportunity to participate in the Trust’s Leadership Development Programme)
- An ethos of innovation and experimentation; we are currently piloting whole-class marking and a new approach to homework.
Samuel Ward is a highly successful oversubscribed 11-18 co-educational academy with 1320 pupil on roll. We are situated in pleasant surroundings on the western edge of Suffolk, within easy reach of Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds. We benefit from excellent facilities, and our new £10m building is due to open in April 2019.
If you would like an informal discussion prior to submitting your application then please contact 01440 760333 or email@example.com.
The application form and job description are available on our website http://samuelward.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date: 16 May 2018
Interviews: commence w/b 21 May 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.
Samuel Ward Academy Trust – welcoming diversity.